Have you tried a few dance classes online and signed up for a course with the TLPTI?
Here are a few tips that will be useful for you to read before you begin your class.
1) Dress for your dance class. Your clothing should be comfortable, allowing you to move without restriction. You can match your clothing to the style of your dance – wear a hoodie and cap for Hip-Hop classes, for example. This will help you get into the mood and feel the vibe of the class beforehand.
2) If you are taking a virtual dance class , you are likely learning at home, like most people these days. Clear a small area (at least 10 by 10 feet if possible) and make sure the floor or ground is clean and not slippery.
3) Set up your laptop, phone or device at a height and find the sweet spot where you fill the frame perfectly – your whole body should be visible. You should also test your audio and use external speakers or wireless headphones so you hear the music at optimum levels and can ‘feel the music’.
4) If you are using your mobile phone for the class, you should put it on ‘Do Not Disturb’ mode, just like you would in the studio, so that you are not disturbed by incoming calls, messages or notifications. You can also request your family members to leave you alone for the duration of the class.
5) Keep a bottle of water and a napkin or towel handy. Dancing online is a blast but you are going to sweat and should stay hydrated throughout.
Once you have checked all of the above, its ready, steady, go! Time to gather a few new grooves and have fun in the process too!